What You Will Be Doing
- Greet and communicate cordially with guests, promptly and professionally checking them in and out of the hotel. Assist in pre-registration and blocking of reservations when necessary.
- Promptly, accurately, and efficiently know how and where to post all charges.
- Have a complete working knowledge of Front Office computer or manual system, including all daily transactions and those which are not performed often.
- Accurately manage cash handling, including receiving cash, checks and credit card information from guests for payment of hotel charges and making change correctly.
- Review any reservations with special requests and work to block rooms accordingly.
- Have knowledge of hotel rates, discounts and how to handle each.
- Have a working knowledge of reservations and procedures, including how to take same-day reservations. Should be able to take reservations in approximately 2 minutes. Know and follow cancellation procedures and relocation procedures when necessary.
What we are looking for
- High work ethic and self-initiative
- May be required to work varying schedules to include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Someone who enjoys working as and being part of a team that provides great experiences for our Guests!